HALF DAY PRINCIPLES OF MANUAL HANDLING
Did you know that incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work?
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling.
This theory based qualification is ideal for all employees as it provides candidates with an awareness of safe manual handling practices and the risks of unsafe manual handling.
With subjects covered in just half a day, this
course is an ideal way to reduce the risk of
workplace manual handling injuries, whilst
minimising disruption to your organisation’s day
to day activities!
CLOSED COURSE PRICE: £397 for Max 12 Candidates at your venue.
Next open course CALL 01639 814 999.
Common manual handling injuries Manual handling laws Responsibilities of employers and employees Risk assessments Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
• Musculoskeletal system
• Centre of gravity
• Lever system Theory of safe manual handling principles, including: • Preparing for a lift
• Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
• Team manual handling Manual handling equipment:
• Types of manual handling aids and equipment
• Maintenance and requirements for testing