Level 3, COSHH (RQF)
Course Duration: Typically half-day
NEXT COURSE CALL 01639 814 999
Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to hazardous substances at work.
- Outline the consequences for non compliance with statutory duties.
- List the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substances safety information.
2. Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Define the terms hazard and risk with respect to hazardous substances.
- List the different forms that hazardous substances can take
- Outline the health and safety effects that may arise following exposure or release of hazardous substances.
- Outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body.
- Describe how risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work.
- Outline the five step process of risk assessment.
3. Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled.
- Outline the control hierarchy in respect of safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- Describe the general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances